(Overhead view of the bullpen terraces – Photos by Jason Schott)
The Yankees have conducted surveys of their fans the past few seasons, and many of their ideas on how to improve the Yankee Stadium experience are reflected in the enhancements for the 2017 season.
On Tuesday, there was a media tour of the new stadium features, including the bullpen terraces and the Sunrun Kids Clubhouse.
The Yankees also have an increased number of value-price single-game ticket options, as they introduced two new offers, the Pinstripe Pass ticket, which starts at $15 for select games, and a Grandstand Level ticket starting at $10. The Pinstripe Pass ticket is a general admission standing room only ticket which also includes one drink, and the choices include a 12 oz. domestic beer for those age 21 and over with valid ID, a Pepsi product or a bottle of Poland Spring water. Fans purchasing a Pinstripe Pass will be able to enjoy the game from non-assigned standing room locations throughout the Stadium or at any of the recently announced social gathering locations listed above. Pinstripe Pass quantities and prices will vary for each game. For more information regarding the Pinstripe Pass, please visit www.yankees.com/pinstripepass. Additionally, for every 2017 regular season home game, the Yankees will offer $10 Grandstand Tickets in select Grandstand locations. Quantities available will vary for each game.
The new food, drink and family locations will be accessible to all Yankee Stadium Guests, regardless of their ticketed seats. They include:
SUNRUN KIDS CLUBHOUSE: The Sunrun Kids Clubhouse will be Yankee Stadium’s first-ever children’s zone.
Shaped like a mini-baseball field with a soft artificial surface, the 2,850-square-foot area is located on the 300 Level in right field and outfitted with Yankees-themed playground equipment, including oversized baseballs, bases and baseball cards, a 6-foot-high replica World Series trophy and interactive exhibits. Parents can join their children on the play area or choose to oversee them from a nearby dugout. Television monitors will ensure that no one misses any game action. On warm days, a retractable shade can be extended to cover the play area. The Sunrun Kids Clubhouse also includes two family restrooms equipped with changing tables. Nursing mothers will have additional private space, including lounge chairs, a television and power outlets for those using electric breast pumps.
MASTERPASS BATTER’S EYE DECK: Located on the 200 Level in center field with a clear, sweeping view of the entire Stadium, the Masterpass Batter’s Eye Deck has been expanded to 3,500 square feet and includes drink-rails overlooking the field. This outdoor gathering space will feature craft beers, cocktails and a large selection of food options.
BULLPEN TERRACES: Frank’s RedHot Terrace (overlooking the visitors bullpen in left field) and the Toyota Terrace (overlooking the Yankees bullpen in right field) are open-air social gathering areas on the 100 Level.
Each terrace features its own specialty food and drink options. Drink-rail locations at the landings will have power/USB outlets. As a result of this reconfiguration, all obstructed-view seats in the Bleachers have been removed.
BUDWEISER PARTY DECKS: Located in Sections 311 and 328, Budweiser Party Decks feature shaded stand-alone bar areas serving beer, cocktails and food. Drink-rail and barstool seating provides fans a relaxed and casual setting from which to enjoy sweeping views of the field and game action.
AT&T SPORTS LOUNGE featuring DirecTV service: The new AT&T Sports Lounge featuring DirecTV service at Section 134 on the Field Level includes a full bar with craft beers and cocktails.
Tables, stools and large-screen televisions tuned to the Yankees broadcast and other live sporting events provide a sports-bar atmosphere on the Stadium’s main outdoor concourse in left field. Additionally, power/USB outlets are available for charging phones or tablets.
NEW YANKEE STADIUM FOOD AND DRINK ITEMS IN 2017:
AT FRANK’S REDHOT TERRACE and the TOYOTA TERRACE:
· Yankee Dingers: Grilled custom-ground hand-smashed mini-burgers with shaved white onions and French’s yellow mustard placed on a steamed potato bun (at Frank’s RedHot Terrace)
· Frank’s RedHot Chicken Diablo Sandwich: Grilled chicken breast, Frank’s RedHot sauce, blue cheese (at Frank’s RedHot Terrace)
· Fresh Hot Baos (Chinese Buns) in four delicious varieties (at the Toyota Terrace)
– Hoisin Braised Pork Belly Bun: with cucumber, pickled carrot, lime cilantro crema, toasted sesame seeds
– Rotisserie Prime Rib of Beef Bun: with sautéed onions and bell peppers, white queso sauce, flaming Cheetos
– Charbroiled Chicken Bun: with marinated chicken, sriracha ranch dressing, crushed kettle chips
– Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bun (Vegetarian): with celery slaw, creamy blue cheese
AT THE MASTERPASS BATTER’S EYE DECK:
· Caramelized Onion French Dip Sandwich: Rotisserie-roasted shaved prime rib, caramelized onions, melted Swiss cheese on a seeded semolina roll, dipped in French onion soup
· Double Cheeseburger: Two (2) 3oz Legends-blend burger patties, double American cheese, stadium-made pickles, red onion on a butter-toasted bun
· Smoked Turkey Legs: Giant hickory smoked turkey leg
· The Mutz: Hand-pulled mozzarella sandwiches with mixed vegetables
AT LOBEL’S (Section 134):
The newly constructed Lobel’s stand features their signature hallmark Lobel’s USDA Prime Steak Sandwich. Additionally, Lobel’s USDA Prime Steak-Topped Fries are being reintroduced this year, featuring strips of USDA prime strip steak served over deep-fried russet potato wedges and smothered in homemade gravy. All Lobel’s sandwiches are served on lightly toasted buns with premium-quality toppings. Tantalizing new hand-crafted menu selections include:
· Meatloaf Burger: Topped with crispy onions and cheddar cheese
· Hickory Molasses Glazed Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Leaf lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes, Bermuda onion, toasted brioche bun
· Steak and Potato Fries: Shaved prime steak, fried russet potatoes, sour cream, green onions, shredded cheddar and bacon
AT MIGHTY QUINN’S (Section 132):
The new Mighty Quinn’s BBQ will feature fan-favorite items from their New York City-based restaurants. Their menu features only naturally raised, slow-smoked meats to give guests an authentic BBQ experience. Pair up any offering with one of their chef-driven side dishes and a cold beer and your Yankee stadium experience will get kicked up a notch. Exceptional food offerings include:
· Brontosaurus Rib: A full pound of tender beef on the bone, smoked for 16 hours
· Brisket Sandwich: Smoked for 20 hours and seasoned with a salt-and-pepper based rub
· Burnt End Sandwich: The caramelized ends of the brisket simmered in our house-made BBQ sauce
· Chicken Wings: Slow-smoked, fryer-finished, tossed in a chili-lime sauce and garnished with toasted sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro
· Pulled Pork Sandwich: Slow-smoked and seasoned with our house made pork rub, slaw and fresno chili served on a brioche bun
· Dirty Fries: Fries topped with chopped burnt ends, a chili-lime sauce and red onions
AT BAREBURGER (Section 132):
Bareburger is known for its commitment to using fresh, organic, responsible and sustainable ingredients, free of pesticides and GMOs. Bareburger also aims to locally source their ingredients as much as possible. With choices ranging from bison to beef to turkey to vegan, Bareburger ensures there are food options for every fan here at Yankee Stadium. The satisfying burgers to be featured in this stand are:
· El Matador: Bison, pepper jack, pickled jalapeños, pico de gallo on a brioche bun
· The Standard: Organic beef, Colby cheese, dill pickles, special sauce on a brioche bun
· SoCal: Turkey burger with Colby cheese, pickled red onions, guacamole on a sprout bun
· Guadalupe (Vegan): Black bean burger, pickled red onions, spinach, guacamole, spicy pico de gallo, on a sprout bun
AT JERSEY MIKE’S (Sections 107, 223 and 314):
Grilled fresh every time, Jersey Mike’s authentic cheese steaks are sure to please. Hearty, with tender meat and melted cheese, it’s no wonder they’re a crowd favorite.
· #17 Jersey Mike’s Famous Philly – This Philly is the real deal. Grilled fresh to order with premium steak, peppers, onions, and melted white American cheese
· #16 Chicken Philly Cheese Steak – Philly’s sister sub, the Chicken Philly is grilled fresh to order with tender chicken, peppers, onions, and melted white American cheese
AT BEN & JERRY’S SCOOP SHOP (Sections 125 and 318): Flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Cherry Garcia, Strawberry Cheesecake, Totally Baked, Frozen Flakes, Fruit Loot and Tonight Dough.
BEVERAGE SPOTLIGHT FOR 2017 SEASON:
New York’s own Blue Point Brewing Company will be featured in various concession stands and bars throughout Yankee Stadium.
Ideal for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, SPLASH Premium Mixers is a new brand of cocktail mixers made from natural ingredients. SPLASH custom designed three original signature cocktails exclusively for the Yankees — the “Grand Slam”, “Big Apple” and “Triple Play” — in addition to providing their classic Margarita, Mojito, Cosmopolitan and Moscow Mule mixers. Each SPLASH flavor is designed to satisfy a sophisticated palate, while minimizing calories and unnecessary sugar.